The Ride With Excellence Program caters to the needs of beginner riders and handlers with experienced, well-rounded horses. The horses used in the lesson program (located at The Riding Center in Freeburg, IL) are safe enough for people who have no experience around horses. This is a great way for students to learn how to balance and ride the mechanics of the horse. Once a student learns the basics he or she can successfully move on to a chosen discipline.
What will I learn first?
On the ground
- How to catch/ lead the horse
- How to properly groom the horse (brush, pick hooves, etc.)
- Learn the parts of the equipment (saddle, breast collar, bridle, etc.)
- How to tack properly
- Why we use certain tack and equipment
- How to mount
- The 9 riding positions/ How to “sit” in a balanced position on the horse
- How to “sit” in a balanced position on the horse
- How to hold the reins/ how to guide the horse
- 16 Move Basics
Check out the Lesson Program tab for more information on the program!